Sunday, February 24, 2008


I did a little experimenting this weekend. I've had a Tie-Dye kit in my craft room for a long time. I'm a bit past my tie-dyed T-shirt days, so it just sat. It was time to put it to good use!

First, I dyed some 2-ply 100% Superwash Merino sock yarn. It took up the dye nicely resulting it rich colors. It should be a fun one to play with.

The second is some brushed wool/nylon blend. This soft yarn was from a recycled sweater and deserves a new life. The blend and the fuzziness make a more muted-effect. Really lovely.

A note on processing: The instructions said to tie-dye, wrap in plastic, and let rest for 4-6 hours. I did this with the yarn. Most of the dye rinsed out of my test skein. I heat-set the above skeins. This resulted in the intense colors shown!

1 comment:

kt said...

Absolutely gorgeous!